Username:  Remember me?
Password:

Post subject: Hi, I'm new and in Hertfordshire
Post Number:#1  PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:51 am 

Hi,

I've just joined, as I'm seriously considering home education for my 4YO son who has been diagnosed with high functioning autism.

Would love to hear from anyone else who is in (or is further along!) this road and also anyone in Herts.

Thanks, Kacy

Share this information
  • Print view this post
 Post subject: Re: Hi, I'm new and in Hertfordshire
Post Number:#2  PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:05 pm 

Hi Kacy,

My son is 11 and has Aspergers. He is home educated and I recommend you join H.E Special U.K which is a very active forum with lots of advice. There doesn't seem to be a lot of traffic on this list so far, in fact I've just come across your message and don't want you to think you are on your own. The list comprises mailnly parents of autistic kids and they are very friendly!

Share this information
  • Print view this post
 Post subject: Re: Hi, I'm new and in Hertfordshire
Post Number:#3  PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:19 pm 
Site Admin

Yvonne wrote:
Hi Kacy,

My son is 11 and has Aspergers. He is home educated and I recommend you join H.E Special U.K which is a very active forum with lots of advice. There doesn't seem to be a lot of traffic on this list so far, in fact I've just come across your message and don't want you to think you are on your own. The list comprises mailnly parents of autistic kids and they are very friendly!

Parents of children with ASD who are currently or seriously considering home educating is the primary audience of this forum although there are a handful of adults with AS who share their experiences and advice. The problem is that many parents join but only a few actively participate.

The situation might improve once time is found to build the new website which will contain many articles, videos, and various other resources which have currently have.

Share this information
  • Print view this post