Username:  Remember me?
Password:

Post subject: New member from Glasgow says hi
Post Number:#1  PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:05 am 

Hi, I have been home educating my daughter for a couple of years now, she was diagnosed with aspergers about a year ago. She has lost touch with most of her friends from school now and I wondered if there are any people in Glasgow who are in a similar situation, I would love to hear from you.
Angela

Share this information
  • Print view this post
 Post subject: Re: New member from Glasgow says hi
Post Number:#2  PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:22 pm 

Hi i an from Greenock my 15 year old son has been diagnosed with aspergers, he is not able to go to school anymore as the social situation is too much for him so I an starting to home school him I too feel he is missing out on friends but he wont keep in contact with them, it is good to know that there other parents near here who have the same problem

Share this information
  • Print view this post
 Post subject:
Post Number:#3  PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:34 pm 
Welcome to the forum. Have you already withdrawn your son from school yet? If not, then the withdrawal procedure is different in Scotland to that in England and is explained on the Schoolhouse website which is the number 1 resource for legal matters concerning home education in Scotland.

There are a few Scottish members on this forum that you might like to contact for support and advice. If your son isn't keeping in contact with school friends then don't worry too much at the moment. It's quite common amongst children who have just started HE. Sometimes they just need a cooling off period but others have realised that they weren't good friends.

Share this information
  • Print view this post
 Post subject: Re: New member from Glasgow says hi
Post Number:#4  PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:32 pm 

Many years ago I lived in Clydebank but I'm now living in England. I can remember the massive IBM factory in Greenock complete with its own station that the train to Wemyss Bay used to stop at.

Is your son planning on taking exams? If so then have you managed to find somewhere that will let him sit Standard Grade exams or are you going down the GCSE / IGCSE route? I think that more home educated children in Scotland take GCSEs and IGCSEs than Standard Grades but enquire at Schoolhouse anyway.

Share this information
  • Print view this post